Stree Astitva – Women Empowerment Program
Women are the backbone of not just their families but our society as well.
Most women from the poor socio-economic background are found to be the financial supporters of their families, more so because of their economic conditions. However, due to lack of skills and confidence, many face exploitation in terms of low wages, bonded labour, child labour or even child marriage.
Through Stree Astitva – Women Empowerment Program, we intend to change this scenario and provide women an equal opportunity ground.
Under this program, we identify and choose women and children from poor families, ideally from slums or rural areas who do not enjoy many privileges.
Women are enrolled in skill development program and children are provided with better education, nutrition and health support.
Vide this program, we intend to –
- Bring awareness on importance of women empowerment
- Develop employment and other skills in women
- Offer better standard of living and better financial security to women
- Provide access to promotive and preventive healthcare for women and children
- Create a positive economic environment through social policies for development of women
- Enable women realize their full potential
- Provide opportunities of growth to women in various field