Kanya Shiksha Yojna
We believe we can make a difference and education can be our guiding light.
- Maulana Abul Kalam High School, Dharavi
- Swami Vivekanda High School, Malad
- Swami Vivekanda High School, Dahisar
- Bhramadevi High School, Nalasopara
- Shiksha Pre School
SSF Remedial Education Intervention in Government schools
Being statistically enrolled into a formal school does not ensure a growing rate of literacy in a country, given the numerous other conditions that lead to a huge percentage of drop-outs from all the government schools, the statistics of which might go unnoticed. Thousands of children are still far away from a healthy educational environment with an unbelievably huge number of children leaving education midway and many other suffering from low learning problem
The reasons for low learning include –
- Non-availability of professionally trained teachers
- Adverse Pupil teacher ratio (which is as high as 41:1 and 54:1 in certain states)
- Infrastructural limitations
- In high number of cases, the socio-economic factor and home environment that detrimentally affect a child’s learning, growth and development.
Once a student becomes a drop-out due to these various contributing factors, along with a pressure of low economic earning at home, the child is removed from mainstream education and eventually is lost under various layers of social ills.
In response to the pronounced need, we have pledged to work towards improving the quality government school education and learning outcomes of children from low-income communities in India by offering complementary and support services through KSY.
In association with the state education departments, SSF is providing Remedial & Support education to over 500 children across 2 government schools in India, and growing.